Monday, September 25, 2006

thanks for listening and helping...

There's some really really wonderful peeps hangin' round my bloggage, and I am so grateful. Thanks for all the helpful comments and kind words. Gwen, ya know you're right on the nose... No matter who it is, I find a way to not get along lol. Now, that's not to say that I have never ever gotten along with anyone, but there is a pttern in my life for focussing on the things about a particular person (usually the peeps I am closest to), that really bugs the shit outta me. Also, like Rexi was saying, I tend to make things more difficult than they probably need to be, lol. That doesn't change the fact that things are difficult, but it does help me to keep the focus on myself, where it needs to be. Man, that's where one of my biggest failings is. Sometimes, it's tempting to just decide to go along with whatever the other person (in this case usually my wife) thinks or says. But, I know that's impractical. I think I need to do what Dr. Paul suggests and focus on the positive, and work on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes. I just gotta take it a day at a time. Thanks for the kind, kind words, y'all... And after all, while things aren't perfect, they could be worse...

Oh, let's see dAAve, 238 this morning, I forgot where I was at last Monday, 241 I think. So there we go... I did very well over the weekend...

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, thanks for keeping me sober another day, thanks for the blessings in my life. Please help me today to find the positive things in my life,a nd eb grateful for them. Help me to not focus on the negatives things in my day that I don't much care for. And, also help me to focus on improving myself, rather than evaluating those around me. I must remember that I am here to be of service. And, criticism isn't really very much like service! I pray for your blessings in the lives of all my family and friends, most especially those who may be strugging with this disease.

peace to y'all today!

8 comments:

Scott W said...

Have a great Monday and thanks for helping me stay sober today.

Trudging said...

Here to a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post -- the people in the sober blogging community are so awesome. You guys help me stay sober too.

Mary Christine said...

Please take care of yourself.

Carly said...

Hiya Scott! It's been a little while since you posted. How are you?

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

I love your prayers Scott. So inspirational! Keep em coming guy!

Peace...

Gooey Munster said...

You are human and I really appreciate your honesty and the path you walk. You are also sober through out it all! Woot woot!!!

Unknown said...

Being human is really hard stuff ;)

I am the same about the people closest to us. I don't think we are alone in it ;)

Thank God!

Beautiful Prayer~