Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

Well, we made it thru another Christmas Day! We're winding things down, have peeled Ian from the cieling, lol he has had a blast! We spoiled him, lol We only have one and we went a little haywire. We'll have to tell Santa to take it easy next year! We were up until about 2:15 putting the train thing together,and getting everything ready, but it was well worth it! Mass was awesome last nite, the music was just great, the church was beautiful... I'm not going back up to the office until Wednesday morning, when the in-laws ship out. But, I'll probably do a few work related odd and ends tomorrow.

I've done really well working out this week, and while I haven't lost any weight, lol (249, dAAve) I have probably prevented some weight gain. I was going to hit the treadmill today, but I was too whipped. I will hit the Y tomorrow! I've been working on this exercise bike thing, walking the track, and doing bunches of situps on the situp machine thingee... It has felt good! Of course, as I sit here typing this, Granny (wife's mom) sneeks in my office, wanting to know if I am ready for my Christmas dessert, a homemade hot fudge Sundae. Now, why was I not losing weight again?? lol Hey, what can I say, it's Christmas.

Thursday we head to Toledo to hang out with my side of the family, and load Ian down with more stuff, lol my folks love to spoil him. Then, over the weekend, I have a New Years Eve gig so that will be fun! Ya know, this is probably the most stress-free Christmas I have had since Ian was born. For some reason,I just didn't get all wound up about stuff this year. There's always a bit of insanity with my side of the family, since we've elected to be at home the past 3 yrs so Santa could come for Ian at home. That sorta gnarls up some nerve endings with my step-mom my dad and my step sis... This year I had a long heart to heart with my step mom in an effort to explain why we do what we do, etc, and got some good stuff hashed out with no arguing or sniping at one another... so, Thanks to God/HP for that little bit of much needed work.

Prayer for the day...

God/HP, thanks for my sobriety again today! Without You in my life, without me turning my drinking/drugging over to you, I would be unable to stay sober or live to good purpose. I hope and pray that all my friends and family had a safe, peaceful, blessed Christmas with their families. And again I say a pray for God's Will and Grace for those troops who are unable to be with their families today. I am so very deeply appreciative to all of them and their families for their sacrifice. God/HP/JC, please help to remain at peace, and not get riled over stuff with my mother and father in law in the house... Thanks for the peace in my heart this year, and for the beautiful Christmas. Thanks for sending Your Son to us here on earth.


peace to y'all...

5 comments:

JJ said...

I'm glad your Christmas went well :)
JJ

Anna said...

I too spoil my children .. it's only once a year why not?? I can relate to your wanting to lose weight. I have been doing the watching what I eat and in the past few weeks managed to lose 3lbs during the holdiays! Where I fall short is the working out part. My work out is me sitting on the couch sipping my morning coffee watching a work out on TV. My family laughs at this but hey I need to be sure this is right for me before I jump in to it :)

Gooey Munster said...

You are on the go! It is great that you can be there to experience your family.

See you next year!

Trudging said...

I am glad it went well too!

Shannon said...

Ah, now we can start the count donw again LOL just kidding.
I am sooo proud of you not gaining weight.. that is SOOOO huge! WAY TO GO SCOTT!!!
OK I am going to join weight watchers I think that is what it will take to help me.. wow this is sooo hard.