Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's that time again! & January 6th in the 24 Hrs a day

You guessed it! Okay, maybe ya didn't... Yep, it's Monster Jam time again! One of my mortgage lender reps mentioned she was getting tickets to Monster Jam in Columbus this weekend so, off I went to the website and got Ian and I a pair of tickets for this afternoon. He was pretty surprised when I told him and now he's driving us both nuts, lol (which is fine, it's what lil guys do!). So, we're going to give mommy a day of peace and hit the road for Columbus after my jail mtg to check out some monster trucks! I'll probably take a few pics with the digital cam... Last year we went and the noise really freaked him out. Hopefully this year will be better for him!

A bit of housekeeping... please take a second to stop by and say hi to my good friend MC, she is snowbound for the 100th time in a month and could use a smiling face :-)

Alas, my wife is back to struggling with quitting smoking again. She has had such a rough time with this over the past year and she's back at it again. She told me on Christmas eve that she had been smoking again for awhile and felt bad that she kept it from me. I know that I can do nothing other than be supportive of whatever she decides to do about quitting. She is back to going through the cessation classes again and I hope it helps. I know for me, I had to work the Steps and pray to HP/God/Jesus to please remove my obsession to smoke. It finally worked... but, just like with my alcoholism and drug addiction, I had to be ready to let go. I hope and pray that she's ready to let go this time. I think she's really giving herself a hard time about this.

When I first got sober, my sponsor bought me the 24 hrs a day book and circled this date, Jan 6th in the book. To paraphrase: "The most important decision I've ever made is my decision to give up drinking. Everything in my life depends upon me not taking that first drink..." and so on. I am so grateful to John F. for teaching me such a valuable lesson so early in recovery. I had so much stuff to "fix" that it almost seemed impossible to be able to stop drinking and drugging while trying to fix my life. As usual, I had it all backwards! Thakns HP/God/Jesus for putting John in my life... As a thank you to John and HP, I often share this reading when I lead meetings. It's really and truly one of the foundations of how I've stayed sober a day at a time. I know in my heart of hearts that drinking or drugging cannot possibly make anything in my life better. In fact, quite the opposite is true, it will only remove, one by one, all the blessings in my life...

Prayer for the day...

Thank You God/HP/Jesus for another sober day! I pray that I might open myself to Your Will and Grace, seeking You out on the journey of this day. I pray for Your Will and Your Love for my friend MC out there in snow country... I pray for Your Strength, Will, Grace for my wife who struggles with this smoking addiction. I pray she has the strength to let You handle it for her, that she might find peace in her heart once and for all. Please help me be patient with Ian today, he's excited and might get a bit scared by all the noise. Let me remember that he is 5. Thank You HP, for teaching me that everything depends on me not taking the first drink or drug. I help continue to prepare myself for Your gift of sobriety by doing the next right thing, that keeps me walking thru life hand in hand with You.

peace to y'all...

2 comments:

ArahMan7 said...

Reading your post make me want to quit smoking too. I've been struggling to stop smoking coz I felt it's the only pleasure I'm entitled to - the thing is, I still can't let go. Hopefully after this, I shall gain the strenght needed to stop smoking. I gonna paste this particular post beside my PC so that it will remind me, YOU have quit smoking. I gonna race your wife who stop first. Is it a deal?

lash505 said...

I am the next in line to quit, is it that hard.