Wednesday, January 10, 2007

whew, busy week...

Good evening all! I have had a hectic week, which might explain my lack o' bloggage.

We had our first "step" meeting tonite at the home group. We read and discussed Step 1, can't go wrong there. It was extra spayshul groovy because we had a fellow in from out of state. He is working in the area and needed a meeting. I am so glad he came, he is going through a rough time with his wife, the job, all sorts of change and difficulty. It was really great for him to come in and dump some stuff and get grounded again, being so far from home. I am so happy that HP chose our home group to help give this guy a lift...

I've been hitting the Y regularly, so that's good. My weight is hovering right around 248-249 so until we see a significant difference in either direction, I'll just let y'all assume it isn't changing much and I'll report back on that when there's a more significant difference.

Work's been getting a little bit haywire, been real busy with some new applicants, most of which are turning out to be major projects, and many, quite beyond my help at this point. I have been trying to remind myself daily that my focus is on helping others, and the money will be there. So far, I have been able to do that and not get too freaked out over revenue, etc. It's kinda nice because I don't have to spend a ton of money to help guide someone in the right direction as far as becoming "finance-able" is concerned. Plus, most people in my biz won't take the time to do it, so it really does pay off in the end. I had a guy call me last week that was totally beyond my help back in Sept or Oct. Well, he hung in there, followed a little of my advice, and we re-pulled him and we're sending him out house-hunting. I just love that... lol It seems that I am going to have to unload a bit more personal cash to get a really great marketing program off the ground but, one good deal as a result of it will pay for the cost to set it up. So, I am gonna go for it...

Anyhow, that's what's up these days. In RCIA, we've been covering the Sacraments... man, I am really excited... I am really going to miss this class once it's over.

Prayer for the day...

God/HP/Jesus, thanks for another sober day... busy, a lil insane at times, but sober and fulfilling. Thank You... The only way I know I can live a peaceful, serene is to give myself over to Your Care. Please do with me what You will... Help me remember the importance of my service to You and to me fellow person. I pray that I might open my heart to You in an effort to grow with You in Faith and Grace. God, I pray for Your Will and Grace for my wife as she is working on quitting smoking again, for my new friend Russ that came to the group tonite and for all our soldiers and their families... may the Light of Your Spirit shine brightly that they might find their way home safely.

peace to y'all!

5 comments:

Trudging said...

I know what you mean...it is always good to be on step one.

ArahMan7 said...

"We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable."

Yeah, I dig you Scott.

I bring greeting from Malaysia.

Scott W said...

Step one keeps my rememberer working.

Meg Moran said...

Sounds like you are practicing the principles at work too....wonderful.

Gooey Munster said...

It does not matter about the change in your weight being big. It is your actions and dedication of doing it. As you begin your dedication, loosing weight will be a bonus!

I have almost one week of abstinance from bulimia. I have gone to Boot Camp 3 times this week and doing cardio at home on the Elliptical 3 times a week. I am amazed at the EUPHORIA produced. This is what I am focusing on. If I get too caught up in the goal I will get in trouble.

Hugs! Keep up the GREAT work.