Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday odds and ends...

What a day yesterday, lol. I got the one I never thought would happen closed, and the one that was a "lock" to close ended up crashing and burning, which I have never had happen before. Dec. and Jan. were wierd months, business-wise and I hope they are long behind me. Once my one loan closed, I threw in the towel, surrendered to my powerlessness over people, places and things and dashed home, headed to the Y and got in a brisk 2 mile walk and 350 situps on the Nautilus type thing-a-ma-bob. I felt much better after that, lol.

We had a nice little home group meeting last nite, only 5 guys showed, all with long term sobriety, so we dispensed with the usual meeting fodder and just had a nice little hour and a half of fellowship. A friend of mine with whom I share my sobriety date was there so we both got to "celebrate" our anniversaries... he has 23 yrs, very nice!

Prayer for the day...

God/HP/JC, please help me to stay sober today, and shed the stress of the past week and a half that built up and spilled out in yesterday's month end insanity. Help me to remember today thay yesterday's history and tomorrow's a mystery. Today's a gift not to be wasted, that's why it's calle the "present..." I pray that I may keep the focus on what I am doing here... I am here to serve You and those about me. I pray that I might do that without complaint or selfish thought for my own gains. Help me to continue to be more understanding of my wife, to listen better and demonstrate my patience and tolerance of what's going on around me.

peace to y'all, enjoy your Thursday!

ps- Lash, glad you had a good month, my friend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what exercising could do. It makes the days' havoc go away. Last night we ran up to a trail and an aggressive pike called Razor Back Ridge. It was tough, but the reward was AMAZING. Over looking the city with endorphins running thru, it is all worth it. What sanity. :)

Keep up the good work my friend.

Mary Christine said...

Good work all the way around.

Anonymous said...

We never know how life is gonna turn out (or what deals are going to close or not). Life continues to show me that its all about doing the next right thing, taking one step after another regardless of whether I think I know where I'm going. Thanx.

ArahMan7 said...

Hope everything gonna be alright.

Have a wonderful weekend.