Saturday, June 02, 2007

gratitude for a long, incredible week!

This has been quite a week!

On Monday (at Ian's beseeching request) we began our foray into the world of freshwater tropical fishkeeping with the purchase of a small 20 gallon tank and all the necessary equipment, etc. With all the reading I have done on that topic this week, I feel like I have become an "expert" on fishkeeping (hardly possible, but compared to what I knew about it when I got out of bed Monday morning, I am an expert, lol!) and I have to say that I am "hooked" ok, poor choice of words there, lol.

During the day Wed, I had a surprise visitor to my office, our State Mgr came in to do an audit, that went really well, which makes me feel good about how things are going! On Wed nite I had my first class in the process of preparing to teach CCD this fall, that was really awesome! It was a class on leading prayer in groups, really great!

During the day Thursday I was lucky enough to meet with our county commissioners and county administrator and present the need and outline a structure for some action in our county regarding the insane rate of foreclosure (OH leads the US in foreclosures). It was a very fruitful meeting. On Thursday evening, we finally closed on a long, challenging purchase loan for quite an interesting character of a customer! Whew, what a relief to get that one done!

Yesterday I had a great meeting with a new customer and his dad, that could quite possibly lead to a decent amount of future biz. They own a company that does replacement windows/doors, and are getting into building spec homes.

Today, Ian and I are going up to Toledo to visit my family and spend the nite. Mama bear has been having some real trouble with her hip/leg... It's some sort of muscle pull or cyatic nerve deal and has really sucked for her. There's no way she'll be able to do a 2+ hr ride (one way) in the car, etc. So, she's gonna hang back at home.

I am not sure why I like to list all the stuff that's going on in my life except for the fact that I am frankly amazed at all I am involved in these days. i have been sober over 11 yrs now, but it has just come in the last 2 years that I have been able to get out of my shell and into my community. I love doing what I am doing, love being active in my Church, playing my horn again, helping out with the Optimist Club (we're doing swim lessons at the Y this week for local kids who couldnt otherwise afford them), love my family and my job and just really love my life these days. Stuff isn't always easy, we don't have a ton of money but it doesn't matter... We're trying to live good lives and help others, and teach our son to do the same. I don't bring all this up to impress upon you what an awesome guy I think I am (although I need to watch theold ego, lol) I bring all this up as evidence to what God, Christ and the Holy Spirit have done through me. It all happened because I gave up the fight, surrendured my will to this disease, to God, that I might be given a daily reprieve from my addictions. I could go on for hours and days about all that God has given me since I got sober in AA, and how my life has changed since I discovered the Good News and the Truth. I have a long, long way to go but it is just incredible to at least be on the right path finally, WOW!

Prayer for today...

JC/HP/God, please help me stay sober just for today. Without You, I cannot live to good purpose nor keep from acting on all the vices that I find "neccesary..." God I ask especially Your Will and Blessings for my family and me, my friends, my new Church family. Most of all, I pray for my friend J who suffered a heart attack this week, and for my friend A who has some familiy difficulties going on. Also, for my former sponsees and their affected families, may Your light shine brightly upon the weary eyes of these friend of mine who are suffering. I also pray for the safe return of our troops, for the peace in their hearts and the hearts of their families who anxiously await them. I pray that I might be fit to teach Your Truth and carry Your Message God, please use me for Your Good Works. I only pray that I am fit to carry them out! Thank You God for all the abundant richness You provide us with, most of all for the gift of your son, Jesus Christ, whose name we pray.

may peace be with you all!

5 comments:

Judith said...

You sound really great. It's wonderful to know how well the program works if you stick with it.

I love tropical fish! I've always thought it would be neat to have a tank, but I thought it would be a lot of work. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Hope you have a terrific weekend.

Pammie said...

WOW is right.......you have a lot going on. What a great inspiration.

lushgurl said...

Still busy huh? I love how you give your all to everything you do! If ya get tired of the fish, I have two kitties who would love to play...
Peaceful week to you, my friend

lash505 said...

you always got the stuff happening

Shannon said...

Its sounds like things are going really good. I can totally relate, because I ahve been reflecting on the gifts in my life as a result of this program. We are all pretty blessed to of survived where we came from and be who we are today, and I think you are a pretty awesome dude :)

Have a great time in Toledo : )