Sunday, October 21, 2007

bustin' out the power tools...

Look out now, daddy's getting out the circular saw!! Awhile back, the wind removed one of my shed doors, on our 12'X14' storage shed. I have been successfully procastinating the repairs but now it's time! Last weekend, a friend and his truck took me to get the necessary lumber for two new doors. Come to find out, it is not possible to purchase replacement doors, they have to be made.

Now mind you, I am a musician and a banker, who teaches religious ed and is still active in recovery from drug addiction, anger, alcoholism, lust and self-centeredness. Notice that carpentry appears nowhere among the various attributes I have listed for you. Ian will be my faithful assistant, Cosmo will stand ever vigilant guard (from a distance) and off we'll go on our adventure. Today's plan is to cut all the lumber to size, sand the rough edges and prime everything. Later we'll tackle the assembly and hanging of the new doors. Wish us well!

I got caught up on some much needed rest this weekend after the adventures of the week. My head is still spinning emotionally over the visit back home to NY and all the stuff it stirred up from the depths of my muck-covered mind (picture the bottom of an old pond, for those of you requiring visuals!). I am probably just going to continue to reflect, sort ruminate and pray... I am grateful I went.

prayers...

Thanks for another glorious, sober, well rested (at last) autumn day, suitable for the use of power tools! Thank You for this week, for work, safe travel, reconnection, memorial, prayer, fellowship and patience. It is through You God, all good things come and to You I owe my life.

peace be with you all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

heads up! watch out now lol

dAAve said...

I expect pictures.

Sylvia said...

Good luck on the door.

Mary Christine said...

Please be mindful of the little one while you are using the circular saw. Please.