Friday, July 04, 2008

this republic of ours...


I love my country, our country.


I love that so many different cultures can come together and be what they are, as long as they follow our Constitution. (which is to say, have very few restrictions so long as they respect everyone elses inalienable right to exist and be what they are)


I love the men and women who have fought and died or been injured, just to defend our Constitution and protect our freedoms.


I love the men and women who are still working and fighting to protect our freedoms.


I love our republic, for which Old Glory stands, one nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.


Thank you to the men and women who founded our republic, that my family might still enjoy these freedoms today.


I love that I can get sober in AA and share it with others, without fear of persecution from my government.


I love that I can post what I believe on this blog, free to speak my mind.


I love that I can practice whatever religion I so choose, and learn about the religions and spirituality of others.


Thank you, thank you so much! Happy Birthday to these United States of America, land of the free and home of the brave!


Happy 4th of July to you all!!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

happy 8th of july too hee hee

Anonymous said...

Well well, Scott--I hope your July 4th was a happy one. The neighbors here are still celebrating by launching fireworks into the night. Grrr...

But it's all good. :)

Have a good rest of the week.