Monday, September 15, 2008

2nd meeting

Well, this is it. I have my second meeting this afternoon with a small local bank for a commercial/agricultural lending/banking position. I met with them 3 weeks ago and that went well. One of me references informed me that they told her it was down to me and one other candidate. While I don't have an extensive background specifically in commercial/ag lending, I have the network of professionals and sales track record they are seeking. My dad has been a HUGE help to me through this process as he has been in the business/sales trenches for a long time. He seems to think that today is "offer day." I am acting as if it is and I am ready to make a move should we find ourselves able to reach an agreement on compensation. The numbers we tossed around at the last meeting were "not too far apart" as the bank president put it. That's encouraging. I am beyond ready to separate myself from my present situation. (beyond ready)

So, I am going to take a few moments to pray for God's Will for my family and me; for God's Will for the people affected by Ike and Gustav, as well as hope and help for those who are sick and suffering, whatever their malady.

peace to all who enter...

3 comments:

ukok said...

All the best to you Scott, hope it all work out :-)

catholicandgop said...

Good luck. :)

steveroni said...

Scott, it will all work out as God sees fit. Patience, serenity, and peace, to you, your family, and your (possibly new) job.