Thursday, August 27, 2009

another sober day

It's just plain great to wake up sober today! We had a real nice discussion at home group last nite, it came around to talking about Step 4. We had 16 guys, many of them new or new to our meeting. We normally average around 5-8 guys but lately we've been in the double digits with plenty of newbies... Awesome, thanks HP!

Yesterday, I had a brief meeting in advance of the quickly approaching CCD year with Father and the Director of Religious Ed. I've picked up two sections of high school classes this year, in addition to my 7th-8th grade full year. Geeze, this is getting serious lol. I am excited! I love sharing the Good News with our youth. This year we're going to more of a "block schedule" where we teach the same subject/topic to multiple sections of kids. This year I teach "Liturgy/Mass" (I like to call it "wht the heck are we doing every Sunday in Mass, anyhow?" lol) and a section on "Scripture/Christian Epistles" from the New Testament. The last two years each catechist was responsible to plan for the entire year, covering as much as possible. Now, each teacher has assigned topics/subjects, and the kids rotate from teacher to teacher until they get all the sections covered. This helps us plan and focus better, and makes sure the kids are getting all the stuff they need to get throughout the year. I am looking forward to this new format, it should be a lot of fun, and less stressful with the new system. I am blessed to be able to share my love of our Faith with our kids.

prayer...

HP, please keep away my obsession to drink, use drugs and smoke. Please help me learn ym new career position well. I pray that I take good notes and listen well to the outgoing chamber director. This is going to be an awesome, fun but big job. Thank You for the opportunity. Lord, please be with all my alcoholic friends, in and out of recovery. Please take special care of the peopleon my prayer list who are going through especially difficult times. I pray that You might use to me to help them. Thanks for another great day in this life!

1 comment:

Anders Branderud said...

Hello!

You wrote: “ This year I teach "Liturgy/Mass" (I like to call it "wht the heck are we doing every Sunday in Mass, anyhow?" lol) and a section on "Scripture/Christian Epistles" from the New Testament. ”

(le-havdil)
If you want to teach the kids what the first century Jew Ribi Yehoshua (the Messiah) from Nazareth, then please research the below website.

I recommend you to do an extensive research of the origins of NT, Paul’s doctrines and the Church in the below website (and learn what the followers of first century Ribi Yehoshua said about Paul and the Church.)

www.netzarim.co.il

All the best, Anders Branderud