Tuesday, August 25, 2009

attitude

"No one or no thing can make you negative. It's how you choose to react to a circumstance that will determine your outlook. You can shrug off bad news or you can let it keep you feeling low.

But I have a question, "Has negative thinking ever made you feel better?"

Drowning in your sorrows isn't fun. It tends to build on itself and affect everything you think, say or do. You're so rotten to be around, you don't like hanging out with yourself."

-Rob Brown, personal coach/financial advisor

I read this today in a sales publication I receive in my e-mail each week. Man, is that good stuff for me to read and it applies to more than just my work/sales attitude!! It really hits the nail right on the head. For me, attitude really sets the table for success (or more often, for failure, since being negative seems to come so naturally for this alcoholic). I know for sure that the level of peace in my life is directly proportional to how well I develop, maintain and share my positive attitude.

And after all, peace is what its all about today!

2 comments:

dAAve said...

I can't argue with any of that.

Anonymous said...

Hard to argue facts... i'm with dave on this one.

I'm learning through trial and error to let things go much quicker than I once did. It stagnates me to hold on to negative so I don't welcome it so much anymore.

Hugs.
Tammy