Tuesday, October 13, 2009

feeling a little on edge lol

Well, today's the day. My first Annual Meeting with the members of my Chamber of Commerce. I've never been responsible to put on any kind of event and the first one I ever do turns out to be my Annual Meeting Luncheon lol. There will be 75 of my closest friends (members/clients, really), some good food, a great guest speaker and of course I get to deliver the Annual report and give a talk about my vision for the Chamber going forward. Suffice it to say I am a little nervous this morning lol.

And for whatever reason, my wife decides to pick last nite to begin some sort of "intervention" about my eating habits and my weight. Now granted, she's 110% correct, and I am grateful that she cares enough to try to share her concern, knowing how sensitive an issue this is with me. But what are we thinking, coming to bed the nite before this event (which she excused her way out of... another topic, another day lol) and starting this conversation as I am attempting to peacefully drift off to sleep. Its pretty typical of her inability to see beyond the nose on her face and consider the entire situation before opening her mouth. So, I didn't sleep worth a damn, my mind was racing to say the least. Again, I get it, I am over weight I eat poorly, I don't exercise regularly enough, I over eat. It's a problem I know it. Why, why bring it up in bed? And besides all that, now I gotta get my act together and have a recovery program around my fitness.

Oh goodie, this ought to make life more fun!

Anyhow, I need to now go and have a positive day, an important day for sure! I'll let ya know how the meeting goes. I am sure it will be fine. Stuff like this always comes together fine and is never worth the worry, lol.

Have a great day :-)

2 comments:

Syd said...

It sounds like a controlling thing to me. But then I'm sensitive about that. I am powerless over other people, places and things. That has helped me to mind my own business.

Scott M. Frey said...

Thanks Syd, there's definitely some truth to what you're saying...