Thursday, February 18, 2010

Man, I have been feeling out of sorts lately. I know exactly what it is, actually. I am in the process of switching my primary care physician. As a part of that process I have to wait for my medical records to transfer from the old doc to the new doc before I can get an appt. Because of my poor planning I'm down to one more anti depressant pill (Zoloft generic, low dose) and that's it. I've been taking fewer and fewer to "stretch them" and I believe that's messing with me. I see the doc on monday and I can get a new scrip then. I've had this happen before and things just "get weird" when I cut my dosage. I become quite irritable and sorta "blue" until I can get back onto my regular dosage. I don't know what that all means but I intend to discuss it with my new doc. Maybe I need to stop taking them and just work through the change and all will be well, I dunno. I do know that I don't like feeling how I feel, almost "not in control" of my emotions. But, I also know that I don't like the idea of "mind altering" drugs either. I didn't do so well with those lol. The doc and I will work through this stuff together. That's what it's all about.

Yesterday, we had a nice meeting on faith and Step 2 at noon. That actually helped me feel better for the rest of the day. Up to that point, I had been in a foul mood. Our German Fat Tuesday got crushed by the weather and we'll be losing a fair amount of money (not good for a small non-profit). But I cannot control the weather, and I have to believe that God has a plan for me with all of this stuff. I can say for sure that I've discovered that fundraising is not as simple a thing as I thought it would be, even for a respected, well supported (with membership) institution like our chamber of commerce. I've also discovered that the chamber was not left in as positive a situation as I once thought it was. Having said all of that, I do so enjoy going to work each day. I love the challenges and the fact that it's not "life and death" like the bank gig had gotten to be. I just have to crank this thing up a notch or two and have faith that things will turn out the way they are supposed to.

They always do.

Speaking of things turning out a particular way. I spent some time the other day inviting new contacts from past and present business associations to join my network on www.linkedin.com and don't you know I ran across the fellow that hired me at the big bank I just left 6 mos ago. It turns out that he's now working for a mortgage company that specializes in one of the few remaining sensible mortgage products, that happens to be a product I've specialized in over my career. And, it's a big volume mortgage program in my part of the state. He's asked me to consider originating loans for him from my home on the side to boost my income (which is in dire need of boosting lol). I told him I'd be happy to take a look at the opportunity. Long story short, it's why networking sites like linkedin were created and it's highly "coincidental" (actually, HP driven no doubt) that this sort of thing has popped up.

Again, the message I take is "Scott, just have faith and keep doing the next right thing."

No comments: