Friday, March 26, 2010

just another day in paradise...

My wife and I went to our 4th conseling session. We're really getting alot out of these sessions and we're changing behaviours. We're getting better. Our marriage is opening up, becoming more loving, more communicative, more respectful. We're learning alot about ourselves and each other. We were close to imploding before the holidays and it appears that we've been "snatched from the gaping maw" of divorce. We aren't out of the woods yet, but we're doing much better and we're doing it on a consistent basis, one day at a time. I am thankful. God is good!

Wednesday evening was my final high school CCD class but, I've got three more Jr High sessions to go. While I really enjoy working with the kids and teaching, I am ready for a break. It is an intense experience and can be very frustrating at times. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with our kids and I hope God has reached some of them through my efforts.

My friend called me two days ago to tell me that her mom has about a month left to live. This is the same girl who lost her fiance in November to cancer, he was not even 40. Her mom has been battling breast cancer for a couple of years now and it sounds as if her battle is coming to an end. I went to church and lit a candle for them after I got the call. Please pray for my friend and her mom. She is a strong girl and is handling her fiance's passing very well. I cannot imagine what she is feeling now.

I'm glad it's Friday. It has been an exceedingly busy week and the fun isn't over yet lol. Our chamber home and garden show is Sunday so there's a bit of work to do there but it's all good, no stress just busy! Tomorrow night I am going to drive up to Toledo and visit my dad for some one on one face time and an evening at the symphony. I'm looking forward to this indulgence, even if I have to turn right around and drive home after the concert so I can be up at 6 am to set up the homoe show Sunday.

Its an awesome life today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the therapy is going well and sorry to hear about your friend. Have a great weekend!