Friday, April 30, 2010

quiet time

Friday, yay! It's great to be in a career place where Fridays matter again. I worked a TON of Saturdays in my last job at the bank. With the Chamber, I work a few weekend events here and there but nothing like the bank gig.

It's been one of those weeks. Money isn't pretty these days, the small town politics have been especially silly and annoying and my wife is having a little dip in her emotions. It's just basic life stuff and all of these things will pass in their time. My wife goes through little ups and downs like we all do. The one thing that's looking steadily poor is money so we're going to have to do some things to address that for sure. Running a non-profit organization surely isn't along the path to independent wealth lol. Who knew??

The kool thing is that the band gig came through for this fall, and my CCD class load doubled so there will be a few more crumbs rolling in. I spoke to a good friend of mine, a fellow who owns a local realty firm. I'd always had it in the back of my mind to get into real estate some day and with my many years of mortgage lending, it's wouldn't be a real big stretch for me to pick up the rest o fwhat I'd need to learn and get licensed as a realtor. The only down side is the other personalities in the business lol WOW! There are a few interesting folks in real estate lol.

With all of the light insanity, life stuff I seem to be relatively on the beam. I've been getting to a few more meetings, re-connecting with the program that way. We came through an intense bit of church stuff what with First holy Communion and May Crowning so, my spirit is connected and in fairly decent condition. But, I can see where I would benefit from some additional meditation, pryaer and time spent quiet and alone with God.

It's supposed to rain this weekend (in advance of our first week of games next week, 3 of 'em). Perhaps some quiet time will be afforded me.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Real estate isn't exactly booming here. But I'm glad that you are making plans and the band gig sounds good. I'm sure you'll be a great teacher. Have a good weekend.