Sunday, May 23, 2010

recharging

It's been a busy few days, havent left myself time to post. I did get to a meeting Friday, and one yesterday as well so that all seems to be in order. Friday evening we made the two hr drive to Toledo for my niece's HS graduation. She's the first grandkid to graduate so it's a big deal. She went to a Catholic HS so the ceremony included Mass and was celebrated in a huge cathedral in Toledo. It was a magnificent occasion to be sure! Then on the way home we made a stop in Bowling Green where I went to college, and hit my fave pizza place for a culinary marvel, mmmm. I didn't allow the family BS and drama ruin my evening and that's all I am gonna say on that one.

Yesterday my wife lead an AA anniversary meeting and then later on I took my boy bluegill fishing at a nearby lake. We caught about a dozen or so in a couple hours. The weather was perfect, we had fun and enjoyed each other. I am hoping that goes down as a lasting memory for him. I know it will for me. It was truly a perfect evening in all respects. I am so grateful for AA where Ian is concerned. Had I not gotten sober in AA, I wouldn't have met his mom and there wouldn't be an Ian. And thankfully, he's never seen either of us drinking.

Today is yardwork day. With all the rain we've had, the grass is thick and green and tall. And, I've got flowers and a tree to plant. I have removed several overpowering shrubs from our front landscaping and we need to replace them with perennials and smaller plant material so that will be the ongoing summer project as well. I enjoy puttering in the garden when I have the time to do so. It relaxes me. I will have time today to be thankful to God, to meditate on our blessings and "reset" my mind for the busy weeks to come. This will sort of be a "home retreat" day for me. I am grateful for a non-busy weekend, for a change. I've slept in, and now I am in need of some recharge time lol.

3 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Scott,I can so reelate to famly bs.I have had a few doozies myself reciently.Enjoy the day gardening.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love reading about "back home." Where did your granddaughter graduate from - Notre Dame or St. Ursula? Or Central Catholic? And most importantly, WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA PLACE IN B.G.?????!!?!?! It has to be either Pisanello's or Myles Pizza (both of which I worked at when I lived there)...

Syd said...

We had wonderful rain today as well. It is so refreshing. I am tired though and would like to have slept in. A home retreat day sounds great.