Thursday, February 24, 2011

affirmation

Today is a good day. I'm alive, I am healthy, my family is great and I am sober.

It is important for me to remind myself of these things early and often. With all the negative stuff going on these days that's well beyond my control, I simply must focus on what's most important and what's right in front of me. Otherwise, I will get sucked into all the gloom and doom around me and go off the deep end. I cannot afford to be that way.

A friend called me yesterday with an urgent message to fill my gas tank because gasoline would be $5 per gallon in Ohio by Friday. He was dead serious. I just don't have it in me to live like that anymore. My peace of mind and serenity are too too important to me today, right now.

I pray for peace, for God's grace for all of us. I pray that those I know who a struggling with whatever is going on in their lives find peace, resolution and God's will. I thank God for all the many beautiful blessings and miracles in my life and I pray that I am willing to share them with others, that they might spread.

Today is a good day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott, It must be going around as my post is also about peace. It looks to me as if our Father is reminding His children to hold on tight, that He walks with us every step of the way and that if we remember to surrender accept and expect that our walk and journey will survive and excel. May God continue to hold you in His loving embraceand I for one am grateful for you and your blog...Have a fruitful and blessed weekend Patricia

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Greetings, Happy Firday! Blessings…

Friendship Awards, Enjoy!
Thanks for the support, You Rock!
xxx


bless you...
:)

Syd said...

I don't like the gloom and doom either. Right now, I am more positive than ever. It truly is a one day at a time deal and I will deal with whatever happens today.