Monday, January 30, 2012

getting the message...

Well, my poor wife felt awful when she realized she'd forgotten my anniversary Saturday...  I felt bad for how bad she felt, if that makes any sense at all.  She brought home a couple pieces of aonther AA's anniversary cake they celebrated at her home group yesterday.  She knows I believe cake makes everything better, and I can clearly have my allegience purchased with sweet treats lol.

My mom spent a rough several in the hospital last week with pancreatitis.  At least that's what brought her in.  Through the process of getting that under control, they took her off all meds and did a bunch of tests.  They had some concerns that were alleviated with a clean endoscopy result but, a spot on her lung that had been ruled "scar tissue" a couple years ago was found to have doubled in size.  They also have some concerns over a suspiscious situation with lymphnodes in her chest.  So this week brings a PET scan, followed by biopsies.  We all have our fingers crossed for positive outcomes.

Hopefully, THIS will be the week I get some good news on the job front lol.  I'm patiently awaiting... enjoying much positive reflection and prayer on patience and focus.  The 2nd reading at Mass was from St Paul's 1st letter to the Corinthians and spoke about how when we get married and enter our life's vocation, we tend to draw away from God and our spiritual lives, and become distracted by our earthly, material concerns.  Man, did I hear that message loud and clear!  So, I continue to be patient, get to meetings, and stick close by my HP.

1 comment:

Syd said...

I'm sorry about the job but glad that you got cake. That helps a bit.