Sunday, January 15, 2012

retreating...

This weekend marks our 13th annual men's AA winter retreat, a retreat I've never missed.  I was unable to stay over night and all weekend this time, but I was able to get over there for a few hours Fri nite and again last evening.  Last night was especially powerful for me, as I was able to participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation and then Mass.  Afterwards, I led a lengthy guided meditation in the chapel for the retreatants.  It felt good to slow down for a bit and do some much-needed "spiritual housecleaning."  We listened to some mini leads, held a meeting around the fireplace in the dark and then I went home to bed.

It's been hectic and crazy but today is a "down day" reserved for sleeping in, writing, reading and honey-do's lol.  I'm still awaiting an announcement on the new job front, so that has been weighing on my mind a bit.  They were supposed to make that announcement this past week but they aren't quite ready to.  I ran across a couple of my interviewers at various meetings on Thursday and one of them pulled me aside to bring me up to speed.  I thought that was especially considerate.  Evidently, I am one of three finalists who was interviewed.  He told me they are quite pleased with each of us, and our differing perspectives on how to handle the job.  They hope to have things in place so an announcement/decision can be made later this coming week.  Its complicated to say the least.  God will be handling this outcome and I will be busy working on acceptance and pressing on with my current job.

This week was a productive one at work with three new chamber members and a great new real estate listing, possibly two.  I'm presently working to narrow my focus and find balance.  I've been getting to meetings fairly consistently, my wife and I are communicating well.  We're running out of savings but not freaking out about it.  Ian is doing great in school and at home.  The only real challenge right now is money and hopefully the new job pans out and that improves.

All I could come up with last night at the firelight meeting is how grateful and amazed I am at my life today.  God continues to bless me/us in so many ways.  Yea we've got challenges like everyone else, but I know in my heart of hearts that it will be ok.  I just keep going a day at a time, seeking God's will and doing my best.

God Bless and thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Good luck with the job opportunity. I recently went to a Catholic church for the first time in years and years and years. I liked it. It felt familiar.